“Health and safety are nothing new to us; they have always been our top priorities, and all the more so in this difficult time. We want you to know that we are working to be as prepared as we can be to re-open in as safe a manner as possible.”
Sheri Gordon & Lisa Goldberg, Co-Chairs
Guiding Principles of
- Judaism’s principle of Pikuach Nefesh provides that the preservation of human life supercedes any other religious law.
- The Committee believes that TI should only open to congregants when the risk to human life is at its lowest possible threshold.
- In order to re-open safely, TI will follow the guidance of the CDC, the Westport Weston Health District, federal and state agencies.
Guidelines for Re-Opening Safely
Promoting Behaviors to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- When unwell, people will not enter the building
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing stations added, and washing required throughout the day
- Face masks for everyone above age 5 required
- Signs will be posted to encourage good hygiene and to ensure best practice
Maintaining Healthy Environments and Operations
- Social distancing throughout the building, following state guidelines
- Deep cleaning nightly and regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces
- Enhanced building sanitation measures, HVAC upgrades and auto sanitizers
Preparing for when someone is unwell
- Immediate separation of unwell person from others
- Adherence to best practice as prescribed by state health department and CDC